USB mic interface is a significant part of music production of audio production, and in 2020 there are several of the best audio interfaces available. Some interfaces are Thunderbolt/USB compatible and some are better suited to Mac or PC (Windows), however, it’s not always easy to figure that out.
In this list, we’ll review 10 of the best usb microphone interface which you can buy in 2020 for your home or professional studio. We believe you’ll find this one of the most useful audio interface reviews on the web.
- The Best Usb Microphone Interface
- 1. Tascam Us-16X08 Rackmount Usb Audio/Midi Interface
- 2. Behringer Audio Interface (UMC404HD)
- 3. Roland Rubix 22 USB Audio Interface 2 in/2 out (RUBIX22)
- 4. Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2Nd Gen) Usb Audio Interface With Pro Tools
- 5. Audient Id4 Usb 2-In/2-Out High Performance Audio Interface
- 6. BEHRINGER (UMC204HD)
- 7. Steinberg Ur12 Usb Audio Interface
- 8. Presonus Audiobox Usb 96 2X2 Usb Audio Interface
- 9. Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk2
- 10. Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB 18-in/8-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 1 Year Free Extended Warranty and Microfiber
The Best Usb Microphone Interface
1. Tascam Us-16X08 Rackmount Usb Audio/Midi Interface
- The TASCAM UX-16×08 captures 16 mic and line inputs into your computer with clear sound quality and advanced features to manage huge sessions. Eight Ultra-HDDA mic preamps provide the cleanest and quietest performance in their course when providing up to 57dB of gain. An added eight line inputs are provided, two of these switchable to instrument level for direct bass or guitar recording.
- Built into the US-16×08 is a DSP Mixer for low-latency digital blending. The US-16×08 may also be utilized as a standalone microphone preamp. Whether utilizing the ergonomically-designed angled background mounting or stand with the included rack ears, the US-16×08 includes enough I/O for just about any audio recording app.
2. Behringer Audio Interface (UMC404HD)
- The unbelievable U-Phoria UMC404HD bridges the gap between your imagination and your fans. This blazingly fast USB 2.0 studio in a box will have you recording your next masterpiece in minutes with all the connectivity necessary for your own microphones, guitars, keyboards and even MIDI devices.
- The UMC404HD mixture control enables zero-latency direct monitoring, so musicians may experience their performance obviously — without a lag or delay at the returning signal, leading to a greater performance and recording. A strong phone output has its own level control and Monitor A/B source pick for DJ-style cueing.
- The U-Phoria UMC404HD is a strong 4 input, 4 output USB recording interface containing real MIDAS-designed mic preamps with exceptional 24-Bit/192 kHz high-resolution converters, designed to assist your records and mixes sound their best.
3. Roland Rubix 22 USB Audio Interface 2 in/2 out (RUBIX22)
- Rubix22 delivers a perfect balance of high-fidelity sound, solid build quality, compact size, cheap cost, and crucial attributes for today’s artists and manufacturers. With assistance for high-resolution sound up to 24-bit/192kHz, Rubix22 sounds defined and clear and is carefully engineered to possess extremely low noise from input to output.
- Its close universal USB support means that it operates seamlessly with Mac and PC computers, and also supports iPads, for the ultimate in mobile music production and performance.
- Rubix22’s double mic preamps are designed for low noise and higher definition. They sound clean and transparent with plenty of headroom for capturing all of the detail and impact of everything you are recording. The low latency, class-compliant motorists provide you powerful and pristine audio. And the elastic combo jacks mean it is simple to connect a huge variety of resources with no need for adapters or special cables.
4. Focusrite Scarlett Solo (2Nd Gen) Usb Audio Interface With Pro Tools
- Scarlett Solo is our easiest and most compact interface. It is perfect for singer-songwriters and guitar players searching for the simplest way to record studio-quality music on Mac or PC. Take it everywhere, connect and power from USB, plug in a mic and guitar straight in, and immediately begin recording with the exact same audio quality as the rest of the Scarlett range.
- The Focusrite 2nd Generation Scarlett Solo USB Audio Interface with Pro Tools is a desktop USB audio interface using a compact layout. Combined with universal USB connectivity, this sound interface’s little design makes it an indispensable instrument for on-the-go record. Other easy-use attributes include Focusrite’s signature halos round the gain knobs; those halos turn red once you’re recording in a volume that is too high.
5. Audient Id4 Usb 2-In/2-Out High Performance Audio Interface
- The Audient iD4 2-in/2-out High-Performance USB Audio Interface is a desktop USB interface and its compact design will not occupy much space in your desk. This USB audio interface is well-built, also, using an all-metal construction that is designed to continue. Hand-finished aluminum knobs make for precise, easy control.
- 1 great feature of the Audient iD4 2-in/2-out High-Performance USB Audio Interface is that its volume encoder becomes a virtual scroll wheel in the touch of a button. This scroll wheel allows you to adjust DAW hosts and plug in parameters with ease.
6. BEHRINGER (UMC204HD)
- The unbelievable U-PHORIA UMC204HD bridges the gap between your imagination and your supporters. This blazingly fast USB 2.0 studio in a box is going to have you recording your next masterpiece in minutes with all the connectivity necessary to your own microphones, guitars, keyboards and even MIDI devices.
- The Behringer U-Phoria UMC204HD USB 2.0 Audio Interface includes two high quality microphone pre-amplifiers. All these pre-amplifiers are made by MIDAS, a brand renowned throughout the world for providing ultra-clear sound with lots of headroom. These pre-amplifiers also provide up to 48V of phantom power for use with condenser microphones.
- Since this sound interface includes dual microphone pre-amplifiers, you’re able to separately record two vocal tracks at once. Whatever you capture goes through studio-grade converters using 24-bit/192 kHz capacities, so you have the very best audio quality possible.
7. Steinberg Ur12 Usb Audio Interface
- Together with Steinberg’s line of USB 2.0 connectivity interfaces, you have got it all covered: the UR range includes a 19″ rack-mounted studio solution, a desktop manufacturing interface, an ultra-compact portable unit and an innovative portable production studio — all engineered and crafted to meet the most exacting standards.
- Guitar Amp Classics make extensive use of innovative Yamaha modeling technologies. Four amp forms with entirely different sonic features are supplied, CLEAN, CRUNCH, DRIVE and LEAD.The Sweet Spot Morphing Channel Strip consists of a sidechain-enabled compressor plus a three-band parametric equalizer. The two EQ and compressor were all created to attain an extremely musical sound.
8. Presonus Audiobox Usb 96 2X2 Usb Audio Interface
- Whether you’re a musician, producer, or podcaster on a tight budget, the AudioBox USB 96 sound interface is for you! This easy, handy small audio/MIDI interface has just the ideal features for basic recording requirements, letting you plug in and begin recording to 24-bit, 96 kHz sound straight away. Bus-powered and constructed to travel, the AudioBox USB 96 makes recording simple.
- The AudioBox USB 96 sound interface’s 2 front-panel combo mic/instrument inputs make it perfect for singer/songwriters, podcasters, and guitar or guitar-bass collaborations. Simply connect a couple of mics and you’ve got an easy-to-use stereo recording method. A mixture control enables you to control the amount between the input signal and computer playback, without hearing annoying delays. You also receive a pair of balanced line-level outputs, an ultra-loud, crystal-clear headphone out, plus MIDI I/O, which means that you can link your favorite synth or MIDI controller. The result is an easy, affordable, mobile recording solution.
9. Native Instruments Komplete Audio 6 Mk2
- Connect, produce, and collaborate Together with our six-in, six-out audio interface. Featuring high-definition recording, ultra-low latency, and flexible connectivity, sound 6 brings your entire installation together. It’s possible to plug-in mics, guitars, and synths, generate send and return loops with impacts, and control synths and drum machines. Additionally, you get all the applications you want to capture performances, build tunes, and polish records — deliver any idea to life.
- It’s also perfect for performance as it’s totally bus-powered. No bulky power supply means everything you will need is this along with your laptop and you are ready to compose, record, and play anywhere you happen to be.
10. Focusrite Clarett 4Pre USB 18-in/8-out USB 2.0 Audio Interface with 1 Year Free Extended Warranty and Microfiber
- Clarett 4Pre USB is a 18-in, 8-out audio interface. Gain Halo meters make it easy for you to place the input level of their four mic/line inputs, two of which can be also high-impedance instrument inputs that may record super-hot pickups without unwanted distortion. Four adjusted line inputs are also included, along with also the ADAT input supports an additional eight channels when combined with multi-channel mic preamps like Clarett OctoPre.
- Outs comprise two monitor outputs with anti-thump technologies, a headphone output with volume control, and 2 line outputs. MIDI I/O is also included.
- The four Air-enabled mic preamps can reproduce the input impedance, clarity and frequency response curve of our original ISA mic preamp.
There are so many distinct professional audio interfaces, from USB-C sound ports to PCIe audio interfaces, and much more. If you’ve discovered this article on the 10 best usb microphone interfaces helpful, make sure to check back for even more new guides and articles to get the most out of your studio.