Finding the finest thin neck acoustic guitar (acoustic guitar for small hands) is a type of tough. Most conventional guitar scale lengths are too large for those who have small hands. This is an issue, especially for younger children, women, and girls.
Do not worry though. You will find a lot of great guitars created for people with smaller hands. You do not need to give up in your dreams of playing guitar along with turning into a superstar because your hands are not enormous.
Let us check out a few of the most popular little hand acoustic guitars available on the market today!
- The Best Thin Neck Acoustic Guitar
- 1. Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar
- 2. Martin LX1 Little Martin Acoustic Guitar
- 3. Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- 4. Taylor Academy Series Academy 12e Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
- 5. Seagull Coastline S6 Slim CW Spruce QI Guitar
- 6. Ovation Ce48P-Koab Celebrity Elite Plus Super Shallow Koa Burst Acoustic/Electri
- 7. Oscar Schmidt Og1Fys-A-U 3/4 Size Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- 8. Taylor Gs Mini-E Solid Koa Top Esb W/Gig Bag With Case
- 9. Yamaha CSF3M TBS All-Solid Parlor Size Acoustic Guitar
- 10. Luna Gypsy Muse Parlor Acoustic Guitar
- Things To Consider When Buying The Best Guitar For Small Hands
The Best Thin Neck Acoustic Guitar
1. Taylor BT2 Baby Taylor Acoustic Guitar
- Taylor is a prestigious instrument. Having a definitive sound that arrives from the main, in the materials used in its manufacture. The rear and the sides are made from layered Sapele wood. The rear of this guitar is arched to provide it a tiny bit more volume because the body is smaller. And this has to be strengthened, and thus that the timber is layered to give it to enhance the design qualities.
- The best wood though is the place where the guitar has its temperament, and real sound from and this includes a Mahogany Top. Mahogany has long been known as having great attributes for sound, and it generates a particular warmth and clarity — it’s that Taylor sound.
2. Martin LX1 Little Martin Acoustic Guitar
- The title in the guitar universe of Martin conjures up the idea of pure quality. It is not surprising. They’re famous for their guitars as well as the Martin sound. And if you’re trying to find a guitar for a kid or an adult with little hands, then that is one to consider.
- The’Little Martin’ is exactly what you could envision it to be, a genuine Martin guitar, however, a small scale version of this. In reality, this is actually the smallest guitar which Martin manufacture.
- The mahogany of this body gives it a warm, rich sound that while it’s a more compact size, nevertheless resonates very well. The solid Spruce top, in which the sound of these strings vibrate, and nearly all the sound is made, gives it a clear, slightly toppy sound.
3. Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar
- The APXT2 from Yamaha is a scaled-down version of one of the most well-known tools the APX500. The design and the kind of the original have now been captured within this smaller version. And Yamaha has implemented the exact same quality of materials and construct that made the original among the top-selling instruments.
- It’s one cutaway body and a thin line style. The sides and back are made from Meranti, a dark timber much like mahogany. And the top is made of laminated Spruce. Your body is finished in a shiny black. There’s a tasteful white edging along with a decoration around the soundhole which provides the guitar an appealing advantage.
- The neck has been scaled as it’s made for anyone who has smaller hands in your mind. And it’s created of Nato with a Rosewood fingerboard. It’s dot inlays and 21 frets which are all playable thanks to the cutaway.
4. Taylor Academy Series Academy 12e Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar Natural
- If it comes to acoustic guitars, Taylor Guitars stands out as number one in the United State of America. The newest prides itself in its ability to combine modern inventions with traditional craftsmanship. Their love and commitment to the practice of creating every single guitar manifests itself in the quality of the guitars.
- This Grand Concert Acoustic-Electric Guitar out of Taylor embodies the essence of the brand. From its carefully assembled body into the included electronic equipment, this guitar is nothing but lovely.
- The body is constructed from high quality tonewoods — Sitka spruce for the top, layered Sapele wood for the back and sides, mahogany for the neck and ebony for the fingerboards.
5. Seagull Coastline S6 Slim CW Spruce QI Guitar
- These guitars are easy, using an amazing tone and are super cheap. If the only thing that you have to have in your guitar would be really a thin neck and also for this to sound great acoustically, this really is the very best option cost wise.
- The tone is merely to die for at this cost, and it matches well with essentially any kind of music. I am not fond of their guitars, but I do absolutely love this one.
6. Ovation Ce48P-Koab Celebrity Elite Plus Super Shallow Koa Burst Acoustic/Electri
- This Ovation is an exceptionally good deal, very low cost for what you are getting and is quite thin all around involving the neck and the body (makes sense since the title is super shallow).
- When obtaining an acoustic having a very low body width at times the tone is a bit compromised, and that’s not really true for this guitar.
- Like many Ovations, the tone is brilliant but not too bright with this guitar and you still can listen to the reduced tones quite well.
7. Oscar Schmidt Og1Fys-A-U 3/4 Size Dreadnought Acoustic Guitar
- Oscar Schmidt makes some great, value for money guitars. And this tool is a three-quarter size Dreadnought for kids beginning or adults with smaller hands.
- The entire body is made of layered Catalpa wood on the back and both sides, also it’s a Spruce top surface giving it a great tone. It’s finished in a beautiful Flame yellow sunburst colour that highlights the grain of the timber and the layout is emphasized by means of an abalone binding and decoration around the soundhole.
- The audio is exceptional and contemplating the scaled-down dimensions, it’s a full, rich tone using the spruce top providing some wonderful top to the resonance. It has not got the sound of scaled-down Martin or Taylor’s. But you’re not paying the identical money as for all those guitars. And for the price, this is a great tool.
8. Taylor Gs Mini-E Solid Koa Top Esb W/Gig Bag With Case
- The human anatomy is a scaled down version of Taylor’s Grand Symphony guitar. Scaled down in size, however, it’s a complete guitar sound. The luthiers actually outdid themselves with this one.
- It comes with different solid top woods, such as spruce, mahogany and also a gorgeous Hawaiian Koa, based upon your preference and budget. It has got a 23.5″ scale length with a 20 fret ebony neck, so it has no pressure for people of smaller stature.
- This is a wonder of a guitar that does not let up.
9. Yamaha CSF3M TBS All-Solid Parlor Size Acoustic Guitar
- This Yamaha CSF3M Parlor guitar is sweet, rather severe. Its solid Sitka spruce top makes for a rich, resonant tone while still being quite flexible for a broad range of music genres. Then, you’ve got the solid mahogany sides and back which guarantee the mid-range has a few soda Whilst retaining overtones in check, which makes for a pleasant, balanced sound
- As always, Yamaha build quality and attention to detail are high grade. It is nice looking, also. Together with solid woods and fantastic sound, you can not fail with this Yamaha.
10. Luna Gypsy Muse Parlor Acoustic Guitar
- Some of the very best small guitar kinds for those who have little hands are parlor guitars. Not a scaled down version of a bigger guitar, but their very own special dimensions, that is a bit smaller in scale. Luna does a fantastic job of carrying on this tradition with their Gypsy Muse Acoustic Parlor Guitar.
- You’ll find much more bass than you would expect in a guitar of the dimension, but it is the middle that actually stinks and pops. The Gypsy Muse has great sustain and the laminate mahogany gives it an added durability and a very wonderful appearance.
- The rich, warm sound you get out of this guitar, along with it being a fantastic fit for smaller hands, will make you pleased to perform anytime.
Things To Consider When Buying The Best Guitar For Small Hands
- Short Scale Length: The scale length of a guitar Would Be the distance between the nut and the bridge of the guitar. A guitar’s scale length is very important because it is going to typically determine how long the neck of this guitar is and the tension of the guitar strings. The longer the scale length of the guitar, the longer the guitar neck will be and the more tension there’ll be around the strings, making it more difficult to press the frets and execute string bends. When a guitar has a shorter scale length, then the neck of this guitar will be shorter and there’ll be less tension on the strings, meaning the frets are easier to press and the string bends are easier.
- Thin Neck Guitar: If you are a person with smaller hands, then choosing a guitar with a thin neck may make a big difference in playability. Guitars with thin necks are a lot easier to grip and get your hands around. This means that you’ll be able to get more leverage to stretch your fingers and maneuver around the guitar neck.
- Guitar With Low Action: If you are someone who has little hands, then using a guitar with excellent playability is indispensable. One of the main factors which determine the playability of a guitar is string action. The string act of a guitar would be that the distance between the string and fret. The lower the series action, the nearer the series is into the fret. Guitars with low actions are preferable because since there is less distance between the string and fret, the strings are easier to press down since there is not as much travel.
- It has been an interesting journey so far but it’s time to create our choice. After carefully reviewing all of the guitars previously, we picked the Yamaha APXT2 3/4-Size Acoustic-Electric Guitar.
- This guitar combines many helpful attributes. It’s quite comfortable to play and comes with the additional advantage of an electronic section which lets you plug it in an amplifier. Although not the cheapest, for us, it surely gives the greatest total price.