- The Best Tube Screamer Clone
- 1. Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini
- 2. JOYO JF-01 Vintage Overdrive Guitar Effect Pedal with True Bypass
- 3. Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer – Classic
- 4. Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive Guitar Effect Pedal
- 5. Maxon Reissue Series OD808 Overdrive
- 6. Wampler Clarksdale V2 Delta Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
- 7. Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube-Sound Overdrive Instrument Effects Pedal
- 8. Caline CP-49 Midlander Electric Guitar Effects Pedal Vintage Overdrive Distortion Alloy Pedals True Bypass
- 9. Electro-Harmonix East River Drive Classic Overdrive Pedal
- 10. TC Electronic Electric Guitar Single Effect (EL MOCAMBO OVERDRIVE)
- Buying Guide For Tube Screamer Clone
Considering that the original Tube Screamer arrived from the 70s, the overdrive pedal is now famous and widely employed by a great deal of guitarists. If you wish to find the audio created by the original TS808, then you are going to require the best Tube Screamer clone.
There are a lot of these clones on the industry these days, but I made sure to select only the best 10. I have had a good deal of experience with those clones and may inform the top quality from the normal and the mediocre. If you do not have enough time to browse the reviews, I’ve prepared this guide so you’re going to see their most important characteristics and attributes. But if you wish to understand the details it is best to read the reviews.
The Best Tube Screamer Clone
1. Ibanez Tube Screamer Mini
Constructed for the guitarist who’s seeking to package into their pedalboard using as numerous pedals as you can. Ibanez understands your pedalboard real estate is precious. Here’s a Tube Screamer designed to assist you handle that hallowed earth. Same mythical pedal. Same mythical tone. Characteristics Controls: Overdrive, Tone and Level 100 percent Analog Circuitry True Bypass Switching Produced in Japan Dimensions: 1.375″W x 3.5″L x 1.625″H
2. JOYO JF-01 Vintage Overdrive Guitar Effect Pedal with True Bypass
The Vintage Overdrive JF-01 pedal is just one of Joyo’s popular impact pedals, introducing hot overtones when utilized as a clean volume increase, searing tone in addition to warmth of a traditional overdriven tube amp.
JF-01 pedal includes three control functions: Volume (output), Drive (gain) and Tone. It includes true-bypass layout, and also the world-renowned JRC4588 processor gives a complete sound for your guitar.
True bypass style minimize the tone reduction and retains the very best tone quality. RC4558 processor makes Vintage Overdrive reflects the timeless Tube Screamer.
3. Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer – Classic
Vintage! This reissue of the Tube Screamer was created in exactly the exact same factory as the first with the identical circuitry that created the initial one famous and coveted by guitarists. Tone, drive, and level controls provide you access to heat, amp-like overdrive that is touch sensitive and prepared to rip.
The Ibanez TS9 Tube Screamer is a reissue that is just like the first in lots of ways. Same factory, same parts, same housing, same renowned seasick-green paint, and also the identical crankin’ overdrive which produced the initial among those all time classic pedals. Guitar Player called it the ideal. Plug it in. Crank this up. You will hear exactly what all the fuss is all about. Tone, drive, and level controls.
4. Voodoo Lab Sparkle Drive Guitar Effect Pedal
Sparkle Drive MOD provides all of the overdrive tones of this original Sparkle Drive, but with a twist. Utilizing the MOD switch, you can choose the stock 808-based circuit, or immediately select from 3 separate custom alterations. Whether you want more profit, tighter bass response, a vocal midrange, or a more thick and juicy lead tone, then Sparkle Drive MOD provides you the resources to get there.
In VINTAGE mode, you have the traditional tube-style midrange grind that is good for blues or for fostering your solos. Mod 1 is your LEAD circuit with additional advantage, a thick and juicy bottom end, and easy highs that are excellent for both single-note melodies. Mod 2 provides punchy”mid cut” RHYTHM tones which are excellent for chunky rock power chords and funk. Mod 3 provides one of the HIGH GAIN remedy with articulate highs along with a competitive bottom end.
5. Maxon Reissue Series OD808 Overdrive
The quintessential Maxon overdrive pedal — frequently imitated but never matched. Much like the original circuit and featuring the JRC4558 IC chip, the Maxon OD808 reissue provides the smooth, natural overdrive of a full-up tube amplifier in a compact pedal. Incredibly dynamic, the Maxon OD808 pedal reacts exactly to enjoying nuances and enables your instrument’s natural tone to shine through.
6. Wampler Clarksdale V2 Delta Overdrive Guitar Effects Pedal
The Clarksdale Overdrive is the take on such a world renowned lime green overdrive with a couple Wampler-style additions. We wanted a pedal true into the sound and feel of the first using a larger variety of tonal alternatives. A three band EQ enables players to have greater tailored tones compared to the first. The Lift/Smooth switch permits a player to take a seat in the combination with the Smooth setting or allow leads stand out using the Lift alternative. Additionally, unlike the first green giant, this will not’fizz out’ up to low or higher gain.
7. Behringer TO800 Vintage Tube-Sound Overdrive Instrument Effects Pedal
So as to recreate the noise of real-tube crunch, we place the first 4558 op amps and also mythical MA150 distortion diodes from the TO800, placing rock’s strongest overdrive sounds in your disposal. The subsequent output signal is very loyal to the classic tone machines which created rock and roll history.
Dedicated Drive, Tone and Level controls allow you to form the specific sound you desire. The status LED informs you if this pedal is activated, along with the top-quality on/off switch provides the maximum signal integrity in skip mode. It is possible to power the TO800 through a 9 V battery or our PSU-SB DC power source (not included).
8. Caline CP-49 Midlander Electric Guitar Effects Pedal Vintage Overdrive Distortion Alloy Pedals True Bypass
The timbre is majestic and moist, and with a sense of rhythm, defined and clear. Suited to surf rock’n’roll country music. Take pleasure in the beauty of reverb pedals.
As the saying goes from Nietzsche: Nothing is worth dwelling for with audio. Therefore, Caline outcome pedal is currently taking the assignment to turn your music simpler to present exactly what you would like to reveal from the deep of the mind.
Together with Aluminum Alloy Housing, great quality and okay. Caline consistently give it our very best effort on supplying finest guitar effect pedal, so to fulfill each client’s requirements for songs.
9. Electro-Harmonix East River Drive Classic Overdrive Pedal
Electro-Harmonix generates classic overdrive at a JRC4558 IC established pedal that is as bold as New York City. Symmetrical overdrive adds advantage and gain without compromising tone. Drive and volume take it out of candy to searing while Tone enables you to dial in just the ideal amount of bite to cut through the mixture. However hard you push it, you are constantly. True bypass and tone that’s completely unflinching in a musician-friendly cost!
10. TC Electronic Electric Guitar Single Effect (EL MOCAMBO OVERDRIVE)
Classic and authentic sounding overdrive pedal. Shape the scream of your tube drive using all the 3-knob interface. Classic blues rock tones which conjure up the terrific masters of this genre. True bypass for ultimate signal integrity. “Built-like-a-tank” metal chassis
Buying Guide For Tube Screamer Clone
- Replica vs Upgrade: Clones of Tube Screamer pedals ought to have exactly the very same attributes as the original. If you purchase a clone, it’s going to have the same specs, characteristics, housing and paint job since the original. It is okay when they have some additional components like true skip as it enriches the noise. These are updates. Their specs are extremely much like the first but have added several components to produce the sound cleaner. If you would like the audio to be just like the original, purchase an exact clone. If you’d like the pedal to sound the exact same but minus the excess sound of the original, purchase an update.
- Controls: The majority of these screamer clones have three controllers — level, tone and overdrive — and many will be pleased with this. However, other clones have more for thickness, EQ and so forth. It’s all up to you to choose what’s best.
- Power Supply: The majority of these operate on both the 9B batteries and power supplies. Most require you to get a power source since they don’t arrive with the screamer clone so that you’ve got to bear this in mind.
- Durability: You’ll use the pedal a lot so ensure that it is constructed for durability. Get just those produced from premium quality parts.
- Size: Should you use a great deal of pedals, a compact screamer is suitable. Just ensure that it is high quality so that the sound isn’t compromised.
Because you can see, in regards to deciding on a Tube Screamer clone which may enable you to emulate that conventional stone and metal audio, there is loads of amazing alternatives available for you to pick from. But, rather than risking a poor-quality pedal, sticking with some of those 10 pedals above is guaranteed to leave you and your audience with a grin on their faces.