Together with the best keyboards for hip hop production, it is currently possible to edit, mix, record and create tracks in your home. Possessing MIDI controller keyboard provides you more flexibility than previously, and they are cheaper.
Using a keyboard you will have a simpler time mixing, recording and editing tracks. In only a moment you will have the ability to add melodic, rhythms and beats to your songs. And if you are on the market to get a hip hop computer keyboard, I’ve got here a variety of the top 10. I spent countless hours exploring these goods to guarantee only the best produced this listing.
- The Best Keyboard For Hip Hop Production
- 1. Korg microKorg 37-Key Analog Modeling Synthesizer with Vocoder
- 2. M Audio Oxygen 49 IV | 49 Key USB/MIDI Keyboard With 8 Trigger Pads & A Full Consignment of Production
- 3. Yamaha MOXF8 Music Production Workstation
- 4. Alesis V49 | 49 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 8 Backlit Pads, 4 Assignable Knobs and Buttons
- 5. Akai Professional LPK25 | 25 Key Portable USB MIDI Keyboard Controller for Laptops
- 6. Novation Impulse 25 USB Midi Controller Keyboard, 25 Keys
- 7. M-Audio, 32-Key, 32 Keys (Keystation Mini 32)
- 8. Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII – 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
- 9. Roland Lightweight, 61-note Synth-action Keyboard with Pro Sounds
- 10. Korg Minilogue 4-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synth with Presets
- Buying Guide For Hip Hop Keyboards
The Best Keyboard For Hip Hop Production
1. Korg microKorg 37-Key Analog Modeling Synthesizer with Vocoder
In the summer of 2002, the microKORG Synthesizer / Vocoder started a brand new route for music-making. Mixing mini-keys, battery power, a simple-to-use port, and extraordinary sound, at an attractive cost, microKORG created the synthesizer readily available to each musician. The built-in vocoder and selectable-step arpeggiator include a fresh dimension to recording and performing with no need to master new technology; and some other external sound can be processed from the microKORG’s filter. With dedicated knobs plus an entire legend into the editable parameters directly on the front panel, microKORG enables each player to readily investigate the joys of digital sound generation!
2. M Audio Oxygen 49 IV | 49 Key USB/MIDI Keyboard With 8 Trigger Pads & A Full Consignment of Production
Your performance needs the ideal tools for your job. M-Audio’s Oxygen 49 includes a synth-action keybed with actions that’s flexible, precise and clean. The pure profile keys are both velocity- and – pressure-sensitive, for greatest expressive capacity, assuring to replicate every subtlety and nuance of your operation. With the addition of conveniently-located, Octave Up and Octave Down buttons, even obtaining the whole note range has never been easier – if you are playing complex melodic lines, chords or basslines, Oxygen 49 is your perfect, ultra-portable production and functionality control alternative.
Craft the best beat in moments using Oxygen 49’s 8 assignable backlit velocity sensitive drum pads, ideal for catching each lifelike part of your operation. For expanded creative options, Oxygen 49’s pads are totally assignable providing the perfect platform for triggering loops, clips, virtual device sounds and a lot more.
With the addition of eight fully-assignable knobs and 9 assignable faders, map Oxygen 49 into a workflow taste and choose total-command of impact plugins, virtual tools and mixer parameters such as unparalleled concrete control of your creation.
3. Yamaha MOXF8 Music Production Workstation
The MOXF has a number of music production software which lets you incorporate it along with your pc setup. Included in these are the MOXF Editor for comprehensive editing of mixing and voice parameters, including MOXF Remote Editor and also a handy tool which allows you edit and produce control templates to your favourite VST devices, along with Remote Tools, making integration with Cubase applications amazingly easy.
One USB cable is all you will need to transmit both audio and MIDI data between the MOXF along with your PC. The MOXF comes with a built in 4-in 2-out USB sound interface so that you are able to record its internal sounds, and two committed audio inputs which may be utilized to capture guitars and vocals all recorded directly to your PC.
4. Alesis V49 | 49 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller with 8 Backlit Pads, 4 Assignable Knobs and Buttons
The Alesis V49 is a strong, intuitive MIDI control which allows you take control of your computer’s audio applications without giving up your capability for dynamic performances. With 49 full size velocity-sensitive keys along with Octave Up/Down switches, you are able to enlarge the keyboard to the whole melodic range and play with bass lines, chords, and melodies.
The V49 Editor program provides a simple, visual approach to edit the a variety of MIDI messages your keyboard’s controllers send for a PC. For much more control you’ll be able to adjust the velocity curves of pads and keys to obtain the sensitivity which most matches your playing style.
5. Akai Professional LPK25 | 25 Key Portable USB MIDI Keyboard Controller for Laptops
Measuring in at only 13 inches, LPK25 is a full-featured plug-and-play 25-key USB MIDI keyboard control made to escape the bounds of your studio. Weighing at 450g, LPK25 readily fits into a laptop case, backpack, messenger bag, supplying core keyboard-production performance courtesy of 25 synth-action velocity-sensitive keys ideal for playing chords, pads, bass-lines and direct parts.
No matter your creative taste, LPK25 guarantees quick assimilation to your current setup. LPK25’s ultra-compact footprint unites with class-compliancy plus a handy USB-powered specification, such as immediate on-the-go use of popular software such as GarageBand, Logic, Sonar, Cubase, Ableton Live, ProTools, Reason, Fruity Loops, Digital Performer, and much more — without needing a power source.
6. Novation Impulse 25 USB Midi Controller Keyboard, 25 Keys
It’s semi-weighted using assignable aftertouch and was made to feel like an instrument instead of a computer peripheral. Along with feeling great, it’s extremely accurate–that means it could translate musical expression (the way you play with the keyboard) exceptionally efficiently. So that your performance is reflected exactly from the synth or applications instrument you’re triggering.
Using 8 knobs, 9 faders and switches, along with a custom LCD display (1 fader and button on Impulse 25), the controller permits you to receive hands-on controller to your DAW and plug-ins. Novation has worked with all the significant DAWs and plug-ins to be certain that you get immediate control of your own mixer, transportation controls and plug in effects and instruments.
7. M-Audio, 32-Key, 32 Keys (Keystation Mini 32)
Enter a universe of mobile computer-based music production and performance together with all the Keystation Mini 32 II keyboard control from M-Audio. Fantastic for playing with chords, bass-lines along with melodies, Keystation Mini 32 II is also an easy, powerful MIDI controller designed for sequencing audio and playing virtual instruments where you’re.
Mixing class compliant plug-and-play connectivity (Mac and PC) along with a suitable USB bus powered resource, Keystation Mini 32 II provides seamless installation that arouses immediate, out-of-the box innovative outcomes.
With Keystation Mini 32 II, all of the crucial control you need in order to create and perform good music is contained. Combining a pure sense 32-note synth-action keybed using a velocity-sensitive specification, so you can be certain each subtlety and nuance of your operation is captured.
Add individuality to your own performance with the conveniently located pitch-bend along with modulation buttons to get immersive performances or include authentic piano-style keep using the maintain button to get ultra-expressive outcomes.
8. Akai Professional MPK Mini MKII – 25 Key USB MIDI Keyboard Controller
Proceed without losing control. Akai Professional’s MPK Mini MKII is an ultra-compact keyboard control intended for the traveling musician and also the desktop producer.
Having a bunch of production-centric in-demand hardware controllers combined with a slim-line ultra-portable footprint, MPK Mini MKII enables you to record, compose and play with virtual instruments, effect plug-ins along with DAWs whenever inspiration strikes.
MPK Mini MKII includes most of the vital tools for fast turning down and expanding upon your own musical thoughts – all engineered utilizing the industry-standard tools Akai Professional is renowned for.
25 velocity-sensitive synth-action keys offer a pure activity, catching each subtle nuance of your performance. An advanced, eye-catching four manner thumbstick provides the greatest instrument for dynamic pitch and modulation performance effects. Eight backlit velocity-sensitive MPC-style pads and eight assignable Q-Link knobs offer core controller and beat-making functionality especially designed for quick production potential.
9. Roland Lightweight, 61-note Synth-action Keyboard with Pro Sounds
Life moves quickly as an approaching musician or challenging new band. When you are rushing between rehearsals, shows and sessions, you do not have the time to invest with somewhat bulky, complicated synth that is hard to utilize. The Roland JUNO-DS61 is your ultra-portable modern synth that could keep up with your band life.
Lightweight, compact and strong, this 61-note instrument is always prepared to go, using simple operation and prompt accessibility to expert onboard sounds which enable you to create or play music everywhere from road to studio. Even the JUNO-DS61 is the simplest approach to begin playing with a keyboard with all the band, together with all the flexibility to keep on supporting you as your own audio progresses.
10. Korg Minilogue 4-Voice Polyphonic Analog Synth with Presets
Together with all the minilogue, you might get your hands on the effective sound that is just possible with analog, and find inspiration along with characteristics like a polyphonic step and motion sequencer, on board tape-style delay, and multiple audio shaping and filter choices, along with an oscilloscope display. All these seamlessly incorporated features make minilogue as entertaining and simple to use as it’s powerful. It is the next-generation analog synthesizer for musicians of all kinds.
Fully programmable, using 200 program memories (100 sounds contained ). Voice Mode enables you to configure the four voices. Automatable 16-step polyphonic note and movement sequencer. Oscilloscope function reveals the waveform visually.
Buying Guide For Hip Hop Keyboards
- The number of keys – for fundamental hip hop production, generally a 25- 49 key is a great beginning, with 88 ones introducing innovative levels of effects and playing added to the mix.
- Portability – A wonderful feature favored by most beatmakers and hip hop musicians, it can be particularly useful in cases where frequently moving music gear is essential, also comprises a much better sense of this keyboard.
- Musical skill – Can you produce easy beats to get a rap tune or make a digital orchestra to create a hip hop epic? Various skillsets accommodate various configurations.
- Keyboard activity – For a manufacturer with another preference, the implementation of your hip hop music could be accommodated with choices which have the Weighted Hammer ( reproduces the feel of a piano), ) Semi-Weighted ( less resistance and more spring included ) and also Synth ( a popular among DJ’s and contemporary manufacturers alike, this choice allows playing in rapid succession and on-stage flexibility.
- I/O – Basic connectivity and USB support are found in many contemporary versions, while added performance, usually, goes with much more expensive versions but it is dependent upon the demands of your production.
- Ease of command – this is particularly essential for on-stage performance and changing rhythms and beats.
Since you can see, in regards to producing your hip-hop , there are loads of MIDI keyboard controllers out there which may allow you to make a wonderful creation and have complete control over the sounds you are producing.
One of those four keyboard controls we have listed above can create the perfect option in regards to a MIDI controller that’s right for you, just think about the budget you are prepared to spend and also the characteristics you personally want access to!