Looking for that little something extra to your band? Wanting a larger sound? It seems like it’s time to measure your bass tone!
With such a wide array of effects available on the marketplace, finding the right audio may be daunting. Below, we have broken down the qualities and uses of the five best bass distortion pedals on the market.
- The Best Bass Distortion Pedal
- 1. Darkglass Electronics Darkglass Microtubes B7K Ultra Analog Bass Pre-Amp
- 2. Source Audio Sa141 Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion
- 3. Boss Bass Driver Guitar Pedal
- 4. Electro-Harmonix Nano Big Muff Guitar Distortion Effects Pedal
- 5. Boss Guitar Chorus Effects Pedal
- 6. Mxr M85 Bass Distortion
- 7. Electro-Harmonix Bass Soul Food Bass Distortion Effects Pedal
- 8. Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B3K V2 Bass Overdrive Pedal
- 9. Source Audio Aftershock Bass Distortion Pedal
- 10. Way Huge WHE207 Green Rhino Mini MKIV
The Best Bass Distortion Pedal
1. Darkglass Electronics Darkglass Microtubes B7K Ultra Analog Bass Pre-Amp
- The Micro tubes B7K Ultra includes all of the flexibility and sonic possibilities its predecessor is well known for plus amazing attributes: (1) A committed Footswitch to engage the overdrive part independently. (2) A Master volume to control the general unit level. (3) Three-way toggle switches for each mid control
- Having a total of 6 different mid frequencies in your disposal the B7K Ultra permits you to create and tailor your tone to perfection: From crisp, punchy clean preamp to obliterating high gain distortion, and everything in between. The B7K is an international tone crafting machine. Whereas the Level Knob controls the output of this overdrive section the Master volume adjusts the total volume of this device. Ideal for fine tuning the output on clean mode. It also serves as a DI level control.
2. Source Audio Sa141 Soundblox Pro Multiwave Bass Distortion
- The Soundblox Multiwave Bass Distortion Pro inherits the power and clarity of the original Soundblox Multiwave Distortion and adjusts it to the exceptional frequency assortment of the bass guitar. Bassists can efficiently mix complex chords and periods with distorted tones – multi band processing eliminates the mush and allows each note to ring clear and accurate.
- The pedal also includes single band processing for more traditional distortion sounds. It’s an ideal pedal for both the studio and also stage. Users have access to 23 modern and distinctive distortions and an extra clean boost/EQ mode. Distortion curve forms range from”normal” overdrive for traditional seems to”foldback” and”octave” for more competitive synth-like tones.
- Each distortion type is further customizable through the 7-band equalizer, drive control, and different mix knobs for clean and distorted signals. This innovative sound control alleviates the tendency for low-end reduction related to most bass effects.
3. Boss Bass Driver Guitar Pedal
- The BOSS BB-1X Bass driver is a premium stompbox made to make your bass sound bold and punchy. More than only a normal compact bass pedal, The BB-1X is similar to a preamp, a vital element in generating quality audio. It captures the character and subtle nuances of your bass, amp, and enjoying and highlights all of their best characteristics.
- Integrating BOSS’ newest mDP technologies, the BB-1X provides a wide range of superior sounds, from natural wash tones to heavy distortion. It adapts and responds to any playing style or register, but never loses the body and core tone of your device. The bb-1x’s natural-sounding distortion preserves the high dynamics and definition reflected in the best details of your audio.
4. Electro-Harmonix Nano Big Muff Guitar Distortion Effects Pedal
- Its simplicity is quite comfy. This pedal has three knobs: Tone modifies the range of your audio, Vol controls the total output of this apparatus, while Sustain supplies you with silky and special tones. Furthermore, Nano Bass Big Muff has a toggle button that controls the dryness/wetness of your signal while experimenting with distortion.
- There’s more: this pedal is really small that it will fit even on the most overcrowded pedalboard. Whether you would like to play dirty blues or any classic rock, simply set the knobs on appropriate level and begin playing. Using Nano Bass Big Muff you can attain even the nastiest tones. Clear sonority and wonderful distortion fulfills the sound and generates real harmony.
5. Boss Guitar Chorus Effects Pedal
- BOSS pedals have always been famous for something, and that’s their reliability. You’d be hard pressed to find any piece of equipment that can hold up to the rigors of performance in addition to a BOSS pedal, which makes it the ideal option for the gigging musician. The Boss ODB-3 is a no-frills bass overdrive pedal that’s dependable and sounds great.
- From left to right, it features a LEVEL knob that sets the effect’s volume, a 2-band EQ at a neat small 2-in-1 knob settings (which can help you combat the loss of low end frequency which plagues many distortion pedals), a BALANCE knob that’s essentially wet/dry, and a GAIN control to set how much general distortion you want.
6. Mxr M85 Bass Distortion
- At length, the MXR Bass Distortion’s raunchy sound comes in two flavors, selectable through the LED/SIL switch. The default option SIL setting utilizes silicon clipping diodes for an aggressive, biting sound plus a little bit of compression, while the LED setting utilizes LED diodes to get a broader open sound and a wonderful gain bump.
- Co-designed with bass dirt guru/Fuzzrocious Pedals founder Ryan Ratajski • According to a Traditional distortion circuit known for its nasty sound
- Separate Dry and Wet level controls • Select between Silicon and LED clipping diodes • Internal control sets the max gain level of LED style
- Get the sound of a split clean/dirty signal chain in a single box
7. Electro-Harmonix Bass Soul Food Bass Distortion Effects Pedal
- Controls the quantity of input profit. As you flip DRIVE clockwise, the overdrive ranges from a colored clean increase from the fully counter-clockwise position, to complete distortion at the fully clockwise setting.
- There are several fantastic sounds found within the complete range of the DRIVE knob; we recommend experimenting with different positions in the two halves of the DRIVE knob to locate just the ideal amount of grit for your requirements.
- Sets the master output level of this Bass Soul Food. Since VOL is turned clockwise, the output volume increases. This control affects your signal level following the BLEND control.
8. Darkglass Electronics Microtubes B3K V2 Bass Overdrive Pedal
- Together with the Microtubes B3K v2 you receive all the features of the original, together with the ability to reestablish the mids for natural personality. The assault switch was replaced with the tone knob, providing much more control of their high harmonic content (3 kHz to 8 kHz). The grunt change remains current, as you’d expect.
- In addition comes in the shape of a mid increase, providing you with a subtle 6dB increase from 300 Hz to 1 kHz that will assist you to cut through a little more. Basically, the Microtubes B3K is exactly the exact same pedal we made nearly a decade ago, aimed to offer you a perfect mix of brutality and clarity. You can ensure that this pedal will probably provide defined and powerful saturation in an intuitive format.
9. Source Audio Aftershock Bass Distortion Pedal
- From the box, Source Audio’s Aftershock bass distortion pedal packs three powerful overdrive motors to provide enormous tonal range that encompasses every flavor of grime your bass may ever desire. The Tube engine serves up a strong — yet subtle — classic tube overdrive with creamy split and gobs of punch.
- Heavy spits out aggressive scooped distortion with crisp highs and enormous lows. The Fuzz engine comes with an extreme palette of germanium fuzz tones on tap, it all sporting beaucoup underside and gargantuan grit. Aftershock’s elegant, powerful control panel provides you the tools to finely sculpt your signature bass tones.
- Its Clean knob is really a dry/wet blender which allows you mix in just enough clean signal to keep rock-solid low end without affecting the pedal’s prodigious girthy growl. Adjust the onboard Tone control to find the sweet spot on the Richter scale for any bass/amp mix.
10. Way Huge WHE207 Green Rhino Mini MKIV
- The Green Rhino Overdrive Mark IV is smaller and more streamlined than its ancestors, however, it’s more force than ever behind its powerful cost. In addition to this Volume, Tone, and Drive controls of the original, this beastie has the MI’s 100Hz controller and a new 500Hz controller so you can cut or enhance your lows and center by 12dB every manner.
- Ensure your notes shake the ground like a stampede throughout the savannah or cut through the mix like a rushing rhino’s horn. Want to take this pedal back into its ancestral roots? Just throw the Timeless switch to get the Very Simple Volume, Tone, Drive installation and audio of the original Green Rhino Overdrive. The MkIV is as versatile as it’s rambunctious, and it is going to come to heel if need be.
My best selection of the Way Huge WHE207 Green Rhino Mini MKIV isin my humble view, maybe the’just right’ instrument for you to take your playing to a completely different level; that’s all thanks to this blend capability and the individual diode/distortion modes.
Tell us about the item of your choice and also tell me the reason why you select it. We expect that with useful our advice above, you may pick for yourself a suitable product. All the Best!