The sound of the DJ is what makes all the difference when it comes to a good party. The best way to make your sound heard is by using an amplifier. Amplifiers are used to amplify or increase the level of audio signals in order for them to be more audible and clear. They have been around for decades and have improved with time, making them a great choice for any amateur or professional DJ looking to take their entertainment experience up a notch without breaking the bank.
In this blog post I will walk you through some of my favorite amplifiers for DJ on the market today so that you can get an idea about which one would work best for you before diving headlong into purchasing one blindly from a store shelf.
- List of 10 Best Amplifier For DJ Reviews
- 1. Pyle Professional Audio Bluetooth Power Amplifier
- 2. Pyle Dual Channel Bluetooth Mixing Amplifier
- 3. Gemini XGA Series XGA-4000 Professional Quality PA System DJ Equipment Power Amplifier
- 4. GTD Audio 2 Channel 3800 Watts 2U Stereo Professional Power Amplifier AMP
- 5. Pyle 4 Channel Home Audio Power Amplifier For DJ
- 6. 2100 Watt Professional DJ Power Amplifier – Adkins Pro Audio – Quality Audio at Affordable Prices!
- 7. 2 Channel 2000 Watts Professional DJ PA Power Amplifier 2U Rack mount SYS-2000 MUSYSIC
- 8. GLI Pro PVX9000 10,000 Watt Power Amplifier DJ Rack Amp + XLR Cable
- 9. Rockville 3000 Watt Peak / 800w RMS 2 Channel Power Amplifier Pro/DJ Amp (RPA9)
- 10. Gemini GPA-4800 4000W Professional DJ Power Amplifier
- How To Choose Amplifier For DJ
List of 10 Best Amplifier For DJ Reviews
1. Pyle Professional Audio Bluetooth Power Amplifier
The Pyle Pro Audio Amplifier works with today’s latest devices such as Smartphones, Tablets, Laptops and Computers. This Bluetooth amplifier has a bluetooth wireless streaming capacity that works wirelessly to provide you with unmatched sound quality without any wires or cords.
Constructed from high-quality materials, this amp is rack mountable for studio use and also features an adjustable 2-channel amplification on A/B modes for seamless sound from your music. You can power the amplifier on by pressing on its dedicated power button if it ever cuts out while playing sounds so you’ll always have a clean input signal experience when using this device.
The built in ventilation fan will allow cooling while amplifying to ensure no distortion of sound happens while you play your music!
- Built-in bluetooth wireless streaming
- 2-Channel (A/B) Amplifier
- Power, protect, clip, signal LED indicators
- Built-in ventilation cooling fans
2. Pyle Dual Channel Bluetooth Mixing Amplifier
The Pyle PMXAKB2000 is a high-quality product that will magically turn your karaoke endeavors from so-so to WOW from the moment you plug it in. Each channel comprises an EQ section and echo modification dial for applying just the perfect amount of an effect or EQ on certain channels. There’s also a USB port and SD memory card reader, which all work together to power MP3 digital audio playback.
The LCD screen has everything you need at a glance– including 9-step digital key tone feedback features, battery life indicator lights, waveform tracking light bar levels for both cassette decks, as well as input name labels–making this mixer easy to understand and use. Best of all? You can wirelessly stream music from your phone or tablet via Bluetooth, and you can hook up a microphone at the same time.
- Connect external devices such as outboard effects processors together with the effects loop input
- Supply all of the mixing and power abilities for the professional or personal needs
3. Gemini XGA Series XGA-4000 Professional Quality PA System DJ Equipment Power Amplifier
The XGA-4000 is a full power amplifying system to power any event with ease and professionalism. This outstanding amp has impeccable performance for both PA systems and DJ rigs, ensuring that sound quality is never compromised in the process. With 4000 watts of Immediate Peak Power, 10Hz-50kHz response all in 1.5dB, 0.1% total harmonic distortion and an impedance range from 0.77v to take care of best-in-class performance capacities, this central performer will rattle the rafters with relentless clarity while still having room for versatility without cluttering your social atmosphere or breaking your bank account!
Add everything together with XLR inputs for maximum signal input potentials as well as 1/4″ balanced and unbalanced TRS inputs for maximum compatibility and you have one potent amp that can handle pretty much any task thrown its way.
- Security features such as thermal and short circuit protection to help keep you moving in unfavorable conditions.
- Signal and Clip indicators allow you to know that the amps status in a glance.
- Created For Seam-less, Reliable Performance.
- Highlighted From The Front-to-Rear Airflow and Cooling Fan For Thermal Stability.
4. GTD Audio 2 Channel 3800 Watts 2U Stereo Professional Power Amplifier AMP
The GTD Audio Q3800 is a Professional Power Amplifier which has been developed utilizing the expertise of professional audio engineers, both working musicians and specialist DJ’s. The company boasts that it is uncommon to locate a professional power amplifier with comparable functionality, versatility, and crystal clear audio quality as theirs. In response to the need for an amplifier with an excellent price-to-performance ratio, they set out to build a product with exceptional design features including XLR inputs, 1/4 inch (6.5 mm) balanced input switchable from mic or line level operation on each channel, banana binding post outputs on all channels give you a choice of speaker wire size depending on your application requirements.
- XLR, 1/4″ (6.5mm Jack) Balanced Inputs, Speakon and Banana binding post Outputs
- Front-to-Rear Airflow and Double Cooling Fans
- Frequency response 45Hz — 15kHz
- Dimensions (WxDxH): 17″ x 9″ x 3″, Weight: 19 pounds
5. Pyle 4 Channel Home Audio Power Amplifier For DJ
This Pyle Power Amplifier is compact, easy to use and offers excellent sound. The headphone jack means you can monitor – an important feature for DJs who need to hear themselves properly on stage or at a gig! Offering 4 channels, 3000 watts peak power output, two RCA inputs (only committed to phono input), two microphone inputs, there are 2 separate outputs one dedicated for the power amplifier the other if you want your subwoofer too.
AM/FM radio with presets and USB connection so you can play all of your favourite MP3 files in a memory stick. Comes with 2 wireless microphones so it’s perfect for karaoke or any occasion where vocals need amplification. Preamp and subwoofer each have their own volume controls making it very easy to control the overall volume of your system.
- Digital LCD Display with AM/FM Radio
- Connect & Stream Audio from External Devices
- MP3 Audio File Playback Support
- USB Flash Drive Memory Reader
6. 2100 Watt Professional DJ Power Amplifier – Adkins Pro Audio – Quality Audio at Affordable Prices!
With an enormous power of 2100 watts, this rack-mountable amplifier packs quite the punch. This amp has double inputs to attach your devices for maximum compatibility and it is all powered with a top-quality ring transformer that filters out transients so you can enjoy hi-fi sound quality. It features two output level controls for easily adjusting stereo levels to match your needs — whether you’re running one or bridging them together with another amp. If professional amplification is what you desire then please don’t look any further than the Adkins Professional Power Amplifier!
- Protection Indicator – Double 1/4 and Double RCA Inputs – Outputs: Dual Speakon / 1/4″ / Banana Plugs Speaker Outputs – Dual Output Level Controls and Illumination
- Stereo or Bridged Mono – Dual Output Level Controls and Illumination.
- Dual Output Level Controls and Illumination. – Dimensions: 5.75 x 19 x 14.37 Inch
7. 2 Channel 2000 Watts Professional DJ PA Power Amplifier 2U Rack mount SYS-2000 MUSYSIC
The MUSYSIC SYS-2000 is a Professional Power Amplifier which has been developed utilizing the expertise of professional audio engineers, working musicians and specialist DJ’s. Initial appearances are deceiving for this amplifier, with its compact size yet packing 2000 watts of Immediate Peak Power (250 g RMS). It doesn’t matter if you’re using it to power up your PA system or hosting some party jams in your living room, this amplifier will provide crystal clear audio without distortion.
The ATR technology ensures that even quieter nuances will be heard at the back row so performers can feel confident in their sound quality while they mix live music. With its combination of both input ports, banana binding post outputs and XLR inputs on both front & rear panels–along with the use of professional speaker connectors–this amplifier is ready to go right out of the box.
- ATR (Accelerated Transient Response) technology for ultimate clarity and punch
- 2000 watts of Immediate Peak Power (250 g RMS)
- XLR, 1/4″ (6.5mm Jack) Balanced Inputs
- Speakon and Banana binding post Outputs
- Front-to-Rear Airflow and Double Cooling Fans
8. GLI Pro PVX9000 10,000 Watt Power Amplifier DJ Rack Amp + XLR Cable
Coinciding with the best in power amplification come engineered advances in cooling. GLI Pro PVX amps are designed to provide high-quality sound and efficiency, while staying cool for longer periods of time. Designed with sturdy steel construction and an ingenious Vent Tube system that maximizes the amp’s cooling ability by pulling cooler air over its heatsink fins, you can swap atomizers seamlessly without worry even when playing continually for hours on end.
Displaying your amplifier is made easier through magnetic rear panel attachment (magnetically doubles as a handhold) or optional back rack stand kit (both sold separately). They also boast indicators for clip loss, signal transmission failure, and thermal protection; these measurements ensure complete understanding of your gear’s status at all times.
- 10,000 Watts Maximum Power
- 500 Watts RMS Per Channel @ 4 Ohms
- Turbo Cooling System.
9. Rockville 3000 Watt Peak / 800w RMS 2 Channel Power Amplifier Pro/DJ Amp (RPA9)
The Rockville RPA9 3000-watt power amplifier combines performance with good sound to provide a lightweight amplifier which packs a huge amount of punch. This amplifier is designed with innovative layout and elements, developing a lightweight design and exceptionally dependable operation that may pound for years of usage. The automatic IC controlled security circuitry allows for delivery of peak capabilities whilst preventing overloads.
It has been optimized for 4 ohms speakers, four can be outfitted with an alternate mono/stereo speaker output switch permitting the company’s mobile PA systems to give them flexibility when using various speaker configurations in both rehearsal settings or performing professionally on stage. Beyond its versatility together with ease-of-use, it is really built to last.
- Rockville RPA9 3000 Watt Peak two Channel Professional/DJ Rack Mount Amplifier
- 2U rack space
- Bridged and Stereo output switch makes this ideal for (2) subwoofer, (2) speakers, or (4) speakers
- Built in crossover button enables make this ideal for speakers, monitors, or subwoofers
10. Gemini GPA-4800 4000W Professional DJ Power Amplifier
The Gemini GPA-4800 4000W Professional DJ Power Amplifier is the perfect amplifier for any disc jockey who’s looking to take their game to new levels. This 3000 Watt IPP high power output eliminates any issues with clipping your speakers, and the simultaneous stereo/mono bridge means you can run multiple amplifiers off of just one set of sound sources. Other features that will help you deliver the right mix every time include front panel indicators like clip, signal, protect and bridge – all designed to make sure your performance runs smoothly without interruption.
- 4000 Watt IPP High Power output
- XLR to 1/4″ (6.5mm Jack) balanced inputs
- Comprehensive front panel indicators such as clip, signal, protect and bridge
How To Choose Amplifier For DJ
Types of Amplifiers
Whether you’re a professional DJ, a novice enthusiast or somewhere in between, choosing the right amplifier to power your speakers can be a confusing process.
There are two types of amplifiers that you need to know about: An integrated amplifier and a separate amplifier.
- An integrated amplifier has pre-amps built into the amp which means all you have to do is plug your mixer straight into it. In most cases this works but there are some problems with them because if your mixer makes any noise or hum through your speaker system then it will also get amplified by the integrated amp making what should be low level sound very loud and causing feedback (that awful howling sound when the mic gets too close to nearby speakers). You can solve this problem by using a “Direct” box that takes the signal out of your mixer and transforms it into something your amp can understand. This is also needed if you want to use more than one sound system in the same place because most integrated amps won’t work with more than one speaker system at a time.
- So what about separate amplifiers? These are usually much better for DJs because the problem of noise or hum through your speakers is completely eliminated. You can use any number of pairs of speakers simultaneously, providing each one has enough wattage (power) for its size. They don’t have to be exactly the same either, anything from 20 watts up per channel should be fine for small DJ parties where music plays a secondary role to having fun. The bigger your speakers and the bigger your room, the more wattage you’ll need to use.
A professional DJ would use a separate amplifier and speaker system because of its flexibility and ability to handle large parties where music might be the main event. At the other end of the scale, a novice user may just want something that is easy to set up and doesn’t cost an arm and a leg. The good news for both markets is that manufacturers such as Numark have started making amplifiers designed with either market in mind. It means you get the power you need at a price that won’t break your budget or your back – perfect!
Digital Amp vs Analogue
A digital Amp is a separate amplifier and an analogue one is…well…an amplifier without any “digital” features and which amplifies the sound passed through it via electrical/electronic components (as opposed to software). The analogue sound waves are created by the amps electronic components and output through speakers. When playing music that has been recorded digitally, some people say that they find it easier to hear nuances and subtleties in the music with a Digital amp compared to an Analogue amp. To do this, digital amps need to have a high sampling rate and bit depth which is not always available in cheaper models.
Some mixers allow the use of phantom power which means they can be plugged straight into your amplifier without having to buy extra equipment that converts from one format to another. Most mixers above entry level should have phantom power, but check before you buy!
We hope that our list of the best power amplifiers for live audio and bass for DJs has helped you to find your next amplifier. Our goal is to help you produce a clear difference at your next celebration, so we considered these variables in addition to several others before deciding on this final list. You may be able to find an affordable option with plenty of features if you know what you are looking for!