- The Best Bass Octave Pedal
- 1. Electro Harmonix Micro Pog Polyphonic Octave Generator Guitar Effects Pedal
- 2. Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork Guitar Pitch Effect Pedal
- 3. Earthquaker Devices Tentacle Analog Octave Up Guitar Effects Pedal
- 4. Boss Oc-3 Super Octave Bundle With Instrument Cable, Patch Cable, Picks, And Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth
- 5. Mxr M287 Sub Octave Bass Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
- 6. Tc Electronic Sub ‘N’ Up Octaver Pedal With Toneprint
- 7. Aguilar Octamizer Analog Octave Bass Pedal W/ 2 Cables
- 8. Aroma Electric Guitar Effect Pedal Mini Single Effect With True Bypass (Octpus)
- 9. Jim Dunlop – Mxr M288 Bass Octave Deluxe
- 10. Ebs Sweden Ab Ebs-Pedal Se-Oc Bass Octave Effect Pedal
There are several distinct forms of guitar pedals available on the market nowadays, and we have discovered that lots of guitarists are reluctant when it comes to purchasing a brand new one. By way of instance, how do you know what the best octave pedal would be?
There are several distinct items to remember while choosing the most suitable pedal for you, independently. Would you like one that may bring down your tone, up or maybe both? Would you like it to change your tone in any way too? Or maybe you’re searching for an all-purpose’ pedal, like a Multi Effects Pedal (click for the entire manual ).
Let us face it, it will take some study. You will want to compare the sound along with the casing to be certain it’s excellent quality. You will also need to hear from other people who have tried the pedals, which means they are the best as great as it says on the box. Then there is the pricing, so it ought to fit in your budget.
The Best Bass Octave Pedal
1. Electro Harmonix Micro Pog Polyphonic Octave Generator Guitar Effects Pedal
- First place is reserved for a different Electro-Harmonix octave pedal, just this time it is a polyphonic unit that’s designed to provide your guitar tone a great deal of girth. The simplest way to describe the impact of the sort of octave pedals would be to picture that you got the following six strings on your guitar.
- Based on how you choose to use it, you are able to make some fairly interesting results. Among the best features about the Micro POG is its own super quick monitoring. This polyphonic octave pedal will continue with you no matter how quickly you choose to go.
- You may say it is not a typical octave pedal, but Micro POG is capable of acting as you, but with slightly limited capacity. That said, should you decide to use it for the intended purpose, you’ll be graced with a few of the best polyphonic octave pedals on earth. It’s simply that great.
2. Electro-Harmonix Pitch Fork Guitar Pitch Effect Pedal
- Electro Harmonix brings the warmth with what’s regarded as among the many high grade octave pedals accessible now. Its simple design hides an extremely versatile circuitry that permits you to shift the pitch in five unique ways, such as Down, Up, Up and Away, in addition to several transposition periods.
- You’ve got three octaves out there in both directions, which can be much more than enough to make some fairly awesome effects as soon as you kick this thing into high gear. The EC Pitch Folk also will come with the latch attribute, which permits you to trigger the pedal just like you would any normal stompbox, as you may also change modes and trigger the pedal so long as the foot is pressing on the footswitch.
- There are far more complicated pedals compared to this one on the current market, nevertheless, you will seldom find such a mixture of build quality, pure and reliability functionality anyplace else. It’s by far among the best guitar effects pedals ever produced.
3. Earthquaker Devices Tentacle Analog Octave Up Guitar Effects Pedal
- EarthQuaker Devices Tentacle is a very, very straightforward octave pedal. It gives just 1 octave up.
- This may seem like a rather underwhelming bundle, but you want to remember that this pedal has been meant to be used how octave pedals were initially used — in conjunction with a fantastic fuzz pedal. As it is analog, Tentacle brings much more fidelity and sensitivity to a selection of pickups, tone installation and much more. It is a really versatile version despite it being controlled with one footswitch instead of much more.
- This simple design is precisely what turned plenty of users from it, but people who are largely individuals who don’t understand how to use this pedal properly, or people that are only obsessed with the flexibility that’s ordinarily found in the majority of contemporary designs.
4. Boss Oc-3 Super Octave Bundle With Instrument Cable, Patch Cable, Picks, And Austin Bazaar Polishing Cloth
- The Boss OC-3 packs a whole lot of special features into its regular sized’Boss’ enclosure. It takes into account the tonal needs to get a bass guitar since it’s a dedicated input just for the bass that is optimized to deal with those frequencies that are lower.
- The circuit relies on an electronic layout, which makes polyphonic sounds simple and easy to create, with monitoring capability that’s nothing short of striking. There are 3 separate tones which it is possible to combine together — the dry signal, 1 octave below, and 2 octaves below.
- A creative attribute is that the inclusion of a Drive mode; this is going to permit you to add some grime and grit to the created octave sounds. It is a terrific way to bring just a small aggressiveness to a tone, in addition to the depth of this two-octave disperse.
5. Mxr M287 Sub Octave Bass Fuzz Guitar Effects Pedal
- The MXR M287 is still another example of the way the current octave pedals are a whole lot more than a system that only provides you octave tone to operate with. Yeah, it is correct that the M287 does manage just 1 octave below, but it is what you could do with this sub-rumble which causes this bass octave pedal so remarkable.
- It is possible to take that further by minding the person Bass and Treble controls, along with the previous punch in the gut is your capability to perform a mid boost too — ideal for getting you noticed over the mix.
- Not only are you able to dial into a perfect-to-your-ears mixture of the wet and dry signals, you are also able to add two individual flavors of fuzz in addition to that. 1 setting will provide you a warmer tone, although the above will be somewhat brighter with a few punchiness for it.
6. Tc Electronic Sub ‘N’ Up Octaver Pedal With Toneprint
- If you are a pedal junkie, then you are aware of how precious the property is in your pedalboard. The TC Electronic Sub’N’ Up Octaver might be the solution for any bass player needing a fantastic bass octave pedal which will not occupy a great deal of room, because of its compact package layout.
- But only because it’s small does not imply that it lacks performance at all.
- As a standalone pedal, you’ve got polyphonic capacity for an octave down and up (that you have complete control over the mixture of each together with all the dry signal).
- TC Electronic’s TonePrint program expands the chances even further, with several TonePrints committed especially for the bass — all accessible with all the free TonePrint program.
7. Aguilar Octamizer Analog Octave Bass Pedal W/ 2 Cables
- On the lookout for an old-school, monophonic bass octave pedal which only gets the job done with a minimum of additional bells and whistles? The Aguilar Octamizer may be your alternative.
- It handles one octave down sign, and it’s individual level and tone controls for both the sterile and Octave (dry and moist ) signals. The Clean tone incorporates a’Full Spectrum Tilt EQ’, permitting you to boost treble frequencies while concurrently reducing bass and low-mids to get a more sound.
- The tone control for the octave sign is known as a ‘Filter’, and that is just what it is — a multi-pole low pass filter which will permit you to go from clean and smooth to something a bit more assertive.
- 1 neat feature of the Octamizer is that the’Gig Saver’ bypass attribute — when the battery expires the unit automatically enter complete bypass mode so that you’ll still have complete signal accessible.
8. Aroma Electric Guitar Effect Pedal Mini Single Effect With True Bypass (Octpus)
- AROMA pedals are famous for easy functionality and financial worth. The business provides excellent choices for the players that wish to enjoy the professional excellent audio at reasonable prices. This is one of the most preferred pedals. It features a polyphonic octave impact, complete metallic casing, and durable construction. You will find just three controlling knobs and one switch for true control and higher sensitivity.
- The Oct 1 knob is inserted for volume modification of this first-octave voice while the Oct 2 knob controls the second-octave voice. Anyway, the role of the knob that is dry is to correct the dry signal quantity. What’s more, the lever and true bypass switch are intended to prevent any stamping on purpose knobs.
9. Jim Dunlop – Mxr M288 Bass Octave Deluxe
- Check out this gorgeous guitar presented in sparkle blue colour. Together with high aesthetics, practical proficiency and high quality will also be incredible. The pedal has three simple to control operate knobs, 1 input, and a single output.
- The pedal includes patent Constant Headroom Technology for permitting superior tracking and headroom. Like the majority of the upper pedals, the more true bypass switch can also be additional. You may use the pedal to enjoy a timeless, analog tone that is organic. Another desirable component is that the availability of two different octave voices. Furthermore, a MID+ change can also be included to bring a midrange increase to your frequency.
10. Ebs Sweden Ab Ebs-Pedal Se-Oc Bass Octave Effect Pedal
- The pedal introduced by EBS Sweden AB is created for the players who wish to reserve the very low range efficiently. The Swedish structural layout and higher durability along with special attention to detail create the pedal a superb option to boost your performance.
- The octave driver comprises a triple style, and there’s a real bypass switch for relay signal changing. The pedal works to activate the lowest available notice. What’s more, it effectively controls the initial tone amount and combines the octave effect. The pedal works well with distortion also.
The list we’ve shown you are certainly the best picks you can purchase for this season. In all honesty, we do not expect this listing to change anytime soon. Effects pedal brands have slowed down a little, and we do not observe any fresh octave pedals at the functions. Selecting the proper model is dependent on what you intend on doing it, and what sort of budget you’re working with. Without going into these details, among those 10 pedals is likely to receive your job done just fine.